Who are these strange fellows?

My photo
Manbench Industries; Purveyors of general mayhem since 1994, a blog to follow the crazed, possibly deranged projects and emotive musings, of an undergraduate engineer, and an apprentice organ builder who have always felt they were born in the wrong age. Follow us as we, re-write history, learn lost skills, discover strange new worlds, break things, rant at things, mend things, make new things and generally find ways of passing the day instead of doing "proper work" !

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Maxitrak 1" Scale Atkinson Steam Wagon Part I

I have always been a fan of Maxitrak's range of 1" scale Atkinson and Sentinel steam wagons since first seeing them running about the old Cheddar Models factory at the age of six, they have just always been a bit out of my price range. However, when, recently the opportunity came up to acquire a kit of parts for two wagons as well as a large collection of other steam related items at a very reasonable price, I jumped at it!

I shan't bore you with the full set of photos of all the parts received, but here are a few photos of some of the components that came to me...


Boiler and gas system components


Wheels!


Bodywork

Aside from all this, there were the two chassis, the two Cheddar Puffin engines that drive the wagons, a boiler for the second wagon and a big pile of marine engine bits!

I have since made a start on the first wagon that is most complete, and have it up to a running chassis stage. I'll get some photos of that for the next post.

I plan on taking the wagon up to Steam Toys In Action up at the Abbey Pumping Station in Leicester on Sunday the 2nd February. May see you there...

The Engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment