Anyway, after various problems, I got wagon number one working. To celebrate, I decided to steam it up and take her for a run up through the village up to The Carpenters house - a round trip of 1/2 a mile, done on two fillings - not a bad run at all!
A re-fueling cart - gas tank on a Mamod wagon.
A brilliant plume of steam.
As you can probably see, there is still the requirement for some form of bodywork, so you will see some progress on this wagon.
Also, there is the second wagon to go together, so I'll try record the rebuild of that one a little more closely.
Unfortunately, the wagon will not be at Steam Toys In Action tomorrow, as the train back from university has a replacement coach service and I don't fancy putting her in the underbelly of the bus!